Addiction Medicine Program – Ramos Center
Ramos Center for Interventional & Functional Pain Medicine offers a holistic approach to chronic pain patients. However, many patients after years of opioid use, find themselves addicted to the very medication that once assisted them in functioning. To provide these patients with the support they need, Ramos Center has added an Addiction Medicine component to their comprehensive programs of excellence. Dr. Samuel A. Amen, DABAM, FASAM, is board-certified and fellowship-trained in Addiction Medicine and leads our program.
At Ramos Center, we do not accept patients who consume high dosages of opioids into our practice. However, Dr. Amen will manage opioid therapy for high-risk patients suffering from chronic pain who are willing to wean down to a manageable level or cease opioid consumption completely. Our addiction medicine program uses a multi-modality approach, including cognitive-behavioral therapy and additional counseling techniques, to prevent, identify, and treat opioid dependence in pain patients. We don’t only prescribe Buprenorphine and Suboxone but also prescribe counseling. We attend to the complex psycho-social needs of both pain and addiction patients.
Overview of Services & Programs:
- Suboxone/Buprenorphine therapy & management
- Provide state-of-the-art evidence-based medication-assisted therapy for opioid dependence in an office-based setting
- Manage opioid therapy for high-risk patients with chronic pain (history of addiction, depression, or other psychiatric disorders)
- Prevent and/or identify and treat opioid dependence in pain patients using a multi-modality approach
- Attend to the complex psycho-social needs of both pain and addiction patients
- Smoking cessation, hypnotherapy, counseling & Chantix®
If you’re interested in our addiction medicine program, please contact us to schedule an appointment. We have convenient locations in Bradenton FL, Sarasota FL, Venice FL, Englewood FL, Port Charlotte FL, Dunedin FL, and St. Petersburg, FL to serve you.