If you or someone you love is experiencing chronic pain, it might be worth exploring alternative methods of treatment to return to your regular routine. It’s essential to know that there are numerous proven and long-lasting treatment options available, rather than simply masking the pain with prescription drugs. At the Ramos Center, we’re committed to providing treatments that not only alleviate pain but also permanently alleviate it.
We realize that not everyone responds to treatment in the same way. What works for some patients may not work for others. That’s why we have a team of physicians dedicated to exploring new treatments to find the ideal solution for you.
One treatment that’s often overlooked is clinical hypnotherapy. When we say “hypnotherapy,” some people envision lying on a couch and being hypnotized by a round object and gentle words, as seen in stage demonstrations. However, this is referred to as “stage hypnosis” and is vastly different from clinical hypnotherapy.
What exactly is Clinical Hypnotherapy?
Clinical Hypnotherapy is a technique that aims to address your inner emotions, whether it pertains to how you perceive yourself or how others perceive you. This therapy is administered by a licensed psychologist who will guide you through relaxation exercises, meditation, and provide practical solutions that can help you adopt positive daily habits.
Our physicians prioritize establishing a trusting and communicative relationship with their patients. When you are relaxed, your subconscious mind is more open to contemplation, and it creates an environment where you can internalize strategies to enhance your life. A typical hypnotherapy session follows these fundamental steps:
- You will enter the therapy room and lie on a reclining couch with your feet up.
- Your therapist will lead you through breathing and meditation exercises to help you relax.
- Once you are relaxed, your therapist will ask simple questions, which you can calmly answer.
- If a particular issue arises, your therapist will provide guidance and ask you how you think it can be resolved.
- When the session ends, your therapist will guide you back through the breathing exercises, and you will gradually become alert once again.
Here are a few misconceptions about hypnotherapy that should be clarified:
- You will not reveal any secrets during hypnotherapy.
- You will not be convinced that you can become someone you’re not (such as Superman).
- You will not be compelled to act against your will.
What conditions can be treated with Hypnotherapy?
Clinical Hypnotherapy has been known to help alleviate various psychological and emotional issues in our patients, including:
- Chronic pain
- Smoking addiction
We believe that many of our patients’ physical pain may stem from deep-rooted emotional trauma. However, we are confident that you possess the strength to overcome these challenges and emerge happy, healthy, and pain-free. Contact us today to schedule an appointment, and we will be happy to address any questions you may have about our hypnotherapy techniques. We cater to patients from Bradenton FL, Sarasota FL, Palmetto FL, Laurel FL, Venice FL, St. Petersburg FL, Englewood FL, Memphis FL, Cortez FL, Port Charlotte FL, and Dunedin FL.