When bone or soft tissue compresses a nerve, it can result in a pinched nerve. The spinal canal’s compact nature makes nerves in the spinal area more susceptible to this condition. When a nerve is affected, you may feel localized pain, which may radiate to other parts of your body. Therefore, it is crucial to perform Exercises for a Pinched Nerve in Neck.
Sometimes, rest can relieve the discomfort of a pinched nerve. In other cases, a healthcare provider may suggest a non-surgical treatment plan to manage the symptoms. Physical therapy may be recommended in severe cases, which is often effective in relieving chronic pain and discomfort.
Exercise can help alleviate the pain associated with a pinched nerve. Here are six activities you can try for pinched nerve treatment:
- Hamstring Stretch- Sit down and reach forward to touch your toes with your fingers.
- Chin Extension- Place interlocked fingers behind your head while seated. Slowly move your chin down and to the right and then repeat on the left side.
- Twist- Sit with legs shoulder-width apart. Put your left hand on your right knee and stretch your back muscles by extending your body forward. Repeat on the other side.
- Side Bends- Stand up and put your hands on your hips. While maintaining a straight posture, lean to both sides of the body to stretch your lower back.
- Shoulder Shrugs- Stand with both arms at your sides and shrug your shoulders repeatedly.
- Bench Press- Lie on your back and hold a broom across your chest. Raise the broom upward until your arms are extended and your shoulders are straight. Repeat.
If your pain persists, physical therapy may be a viable option. Physical therapy can help you feel better quickly, but it often requires multiple sessions. Therefore, it is essential to seek guidance from an experienced therapist who can guide you through the process.
At Ramos Center, we treat various patients with unique needs that require specialized treatment techniques. Our experienced professionals will develop a customized pain relief plan that will get you back on your feet in no time.
To start your path to wellness and address your chronic pain, schedule an appointment with us today!